288 Vroom App News The Latest News about 288 Vroom iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad Apps
Mar 31, 2011 - The perfect iPhone app for April Fools, Halloween and All Year Round
Bridgewater, New Jersey - It's April Fools Day, everyones favorite day for pranks and 288 Vroom has the perfect app to really get your friends good - '100 Horror Stories, Sounds, and Scares' for iPhone and iPod touch. Besides 100 terrifying tales and over 40 haunting sound effects and music, the app has 2 fake games that give players a real shock! Plus, you won't be left out of the fun because the app has surprises to scare the crap out of anyone, even its owner! Read the awesome reviews on iTunes. Happy April Fools Day! Please prank responsibly.
Perfect pranking for April Fools Day, Halloween, and All Year Round!
Prank your friends! Prank Yourself!
The biggest and best collection of the greatest Horror and Ghost stories of all time.
Over 100 Stories, Over 40 Sounds, A bunch of Pranks to play on your friends And Yourself!!!
"100 Horror Stories, Sounds And Scares is the scariest book app on the iPhone ... I must say that it is one of my favorite book applications."- iPhoneFootprint
Get Scared out of your wits! So much MORE than a just a Fully Loaded book app ... it's an experience.
* Extensive and expanding library of the greatest Horror and Ghost Stories
* 100 Full-Length Novels and Short Stories
* Easy to use and great looking, but creepy interface (not for the weak at heart)
* Auto-Scare - which randomly plays sounds and scares at anytime
* Play over 40 high-quality haunting sound effects and music (not kiddy sound effects) any time or while you read
* A Bunch of Terrifying Animations
* Pranks! - Scare your friends with seemingly harmless games
* Adjustable story text size
* 2 scrolling modes - Continuous and Page by Page
* Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
* All future updates, including story and sound additions, are included with initial purchase
* A few extra surprises, which would be no fun to mention here
Use headphones for best sound quality and scare effect. (Adjust volume to safe listening levels)
Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares is more than just an e-reader with 100 great stories that will make you want to sleep with the lights on, this app immerses you in the terror with over 40 haunting sounds that will make your heart pound.
The Stories are some of the greatest fright fests of all time by some of the greatest authors of all time, including Ghost Stories, Tales Of The Supernatural, Classic Gothic, Vampires, Werewolves, Monsters, and so much more. There is a current total of 100 short stories, novellas, and full-length novels.
The Sounds are not your kids' sound effects. The high-quality sounds of thunderstorms, screams, ghostly music, things that go bump in the night will set the perfect mood for a good horror story. There is a current total of over 40 Sounds that can be played while reading or anytime.
"Auto-Scare" randomly plays sounds and scares at anytime making the app an even creepier experience!! Even if you're not reading, just leave the app on for a scary atmosphere.
Pranks - seemingly harmless games that are really Pranks that you can scare your friends with - iTackToe and Finger Tapping Race. The pranks are perfect for April Fools Days , Halloween, and all year round.
Here's just a small sample of some of the authors and their stories:
* Ambrose Bierce (The Damned Thing, Present At A Hanging, and more)
* Algernon Blackwood (Sand, The Damned, and more)
* John Kendrick Bangs (The Exorcism That Failed, The Ghost Club, and more)
* Gelett Burgess (The Ghost-Extinguisher)
* Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol, and more)
* Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Horror Of The Heights, The Parasite, and more)
* Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, The Specter Bridegroom)
* Henry James (The Turn Of The Screw)
* Joseph Sheridan LeFanu (The Mysterious Lodger, and more)
* Gaston Leroux (The Phantom Of The Opera)
* Rose Cecil O'Neil (The Lady And The Ghost)
* Edgar Allan Poe (The Fall Of The House Of Usher, The Oblong Box, and more)
* Sir Walter Scott (The Tapestried Chamber)
* Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Frankenstein)
* Robert Louis Stevenson (Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde)
* Bram Stoker (Dracula, Dracula's Guest)
* Mark Twain (A Ghost Story & more)
* H.G. Wells (The Stolen Body, The Valley Of Spiders, & more)
* Oscar Wilde (The Canterville Ghost, The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
* And Many More
Be sure to read the rave reviews in the iTunes AppStore for yourself!
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (4.0 tested)
* 37.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares 4.4 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story and sound additions, are included with initial purchase. Also available for iPad.
288 Vroom 
100 Horror Stories, Sounds, And Scares 4.4 
Purchase and Download 
App Icon